You don’t have to swim laps to get your workout on in the pool! I’m a working mom and have to get my workout in when I can. Where I live its 97 degrees in the shade. Our backyard pool has been my savior. I can play with my kid and work out. I did this on my recent vacation and decided to continue this week. its a nice change of pace. I warm up by treading water then alternate resistance training with cardio. My waterproof watch helps me keep time. You can use water weights but a noodle or pool ball will do. Don’t forget your sunscreen.
- warm up 5 min tread water 2 minutes, Butt kickers 2 minutes, jumping jacks 1 minute
- lateral arm raises, front arm raise hammer curls and dips for 2 minutes (about 30 each)
- cardio 2 minutes – jumping jacks,but kickers
- squats and lunges on pool stairs 1 minute
- I repeat x 3 then I swim laps last 5 minutes
- Boot camp in pool offers intense workout (abclocal.go.com)