Spark people puts out a month calendar with tips on how to learn a new skill over a month. Things like eat healthier, exercise and this month stress less. When I read this months on stress I was like ok I’ve heard all of this before. I then told myself look at it really and see what you can change. I’ve been under a lot of stress. I would say just lately but I think it’s just the theme of my life. It seems one thing after another but I thank the Lord he always gets me through. I do need to stress a little less. I guess the thing would be to pick the recommendation for the day and practice it but I wouldn’t do it. I picked a few things I know I need to work on.
- Just breath It’s recommended to take 10 full breaths to calm yourself down. I really need to practice this. It will prevent a really foul comment that I probably really mean from coming out of my mouth.
- Don’t multitask as a working mom I find this impossible to do at work but I am trying to do this at home. I try to focus on my kid at home. I limit my calls to family members. Try not to bring work home. I find if I do too much I burn dinner.
- Get a massage– At the beginning of the year I planned to put this on my schedule once a month. I made it twice in 6 months. I can do better.
- Let go of the past – I find this hard to do with a few family members. I actually forget but get burned again. I will have to work on that. My sister and I both think we are the normal one and the other needs therapy.
- Stay present – This is a big one for me. I need to focus on the here and now instead of worrying how I’m going to handle the future. When I do this I tell myself Philippians 4: 6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. I need to keep repeating this some days way more than I do now.
Now time to make that hot stone massage appointment;)
- Stop Multitasking to Get More Done (fitsugar.com)
- SparkPeople.com Helps You Create A Free Weight Loss Plan (fitnesstroop.com)